We warmly encourage applications to our School and outline the process of application below. However, prior to applying we feel it is important that families are familiar with the school and fully aware of its ethos and strengths. We, therefore, strongly recommend that you visit our school and see the students at work and play so that you witness firsthand the reality of The British School.
The following steps are outlined to help you understand the procedure for applying to The British School. Through all stages members of staff within the school are constantly available to answer questions and clarify doubts so that you are in the best position to choose the correct school for your child.
- Visit school
- Interview with Headmaster and meet with Head of Sector.
- Consider strengths of school
- Formal Application - If you are comfortable with our school please make a formal application by completing the Application Form.
- Review of Application - School will consider application for the allocation of places. The school will use the information from the parent interview and specific information on students who are currently within a school (this will include their school report and usually a British School oral and written entrance examination – this will not apply to Nursery or Reception applications).
- Allocation of Places - After the application process applicant families will be informed about the status of their application.
- Note: Until a place is confirmed in writing, any fees paid prior to this will be considered provisional and returned if the application is unsuccesful.
- Payment of Matriculation Fee – Once a place is offered the payment of anentrance fee is needed to confirm the place at The British School.
The process of application does not end with the formal application as it is important that our students are assimilated and made to feel comfortable within our school as quickly as possible. Prior to the start of the academic year a Taster Day is organized for students to attend school with their new classmates and is followed up with support and close liaison with parents during the initial insertion period.
Most of our new students start in September, at the beginning of the academic year, but we do welcome students throughout the year and, due the school structure, its size and the warm, friendly environment, we find that new children are integrated very smoothly and welcomed easily into the school.